Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, June 30, 2014

Curtailed Hightail

Morning sunlight apparition in the hallway outside my office
We're under an extreme heat warning today, headed for a high of 103 or 104 F.  From the way it felt out there this morning I'm guessing we might top out a bit higher.  Because of the temperature--and the absence of significant wind--I cut our hike short this morning.  Becca took five or six shade breaks along the way.  I made sure she stayed hydrated, though, giving her water almost every time we stopped.  I drank, too, because I was perspiring moderately heavily.
Allthorn in bloom

These wasps love Allthorn flowers

What's Becca staring at?

A Jackrabbit up on its haunches

A hare ready to move out

A very hot Chihuahuan Desert

3 comments:

Scott said...

I'll bet that rabbit's flight impulse was set on a hare-trigger. (Sorry...)

packrat said...

Harey-dee hare hare.

:)

Dr. K said...

That apparition is spooky.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...