Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Mid-December Heat

7:30 a.m. and already 60F
The last few days have made it difficult to believe it's mid-December; we've been near or above 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21C) for our high temperatures.  I feel guilty because of the weather my friends and family back east are having to endure.  I won't let it get me down, though.  Becca and I took a moderately-long trek west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and we saw very few people out and about enjoying the lovely heat spell.
Stalking the wild cottontail

High-altitude wind at play

Down the single-track to the lower desert

Obviously high winds aloft

Torrey Yuccas

Long view back to Tortugas

Potrillo Mountains

Buggy whips

Back-lit dog

Closing in on the mountains

The wind is an impressionist

How I imagine the trinity

Road around the mountain

Pencil Cholla with fruit

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That bright red fruit on the pencil cholla seems very Christmas-y.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...