Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Raw Day in the Desert

Quick lie-down after a long hike
Put my new Marmot PreCip rain jacket to good use this morning as Becca and I took a long, semi-wet hike west of Tortugas Mountain.  Wet, windy and cold is one way to describe the weather conditions during our entire trek.  A more precise way is to use the word "raw," which is exactly how my gloveless hands felt as I took picture after picture in the bad weather.  The sun put in a cameo appearance this afternoon, but it's out of the picture now as we head for a high only in the mid-40s.
Quail at the local water hole

Organ Mountains are barely visible

Tortugas Mountain (left) and the Organs

Clouds blanket the mountain

It was every bit as dreary as it looks

It's quite wet out there

Village of Talavera at the base of the Organs

Rain schmain, let me out

Can we go for another ride?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A day like today makes me appreciate all of the sunshine we get here in the low desert.

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...