Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Birds, Lizard, Rabbit and Hare

Auditioning to be Count Dracula
I had to hike solo this morning because Becca was limping pretty badly when we got up.  She's going to have to forego the morning hikes for a few days while we monitor her condition.  If she hasn't improved by tomorrow I'll probably ask our vet if Becca can have a prescription for Rimadyl.  Either way Becca will need to avoid desert hiking for a while.  As I've said the other times I've had to go without her:  hiking isn't as much fun without my constant canine companion.  I did run into my buddy Jimmy on the way back.  He was waiting for me on the road to the mountaintop while I climbed the single-track on the west side of Tortugas.  Jimmy had already been to the top and was heading back.  We walked and talked while returning to the trailhead.
You want a piece of this?

My innocent look

My fetching look

My yearbook photo

What's that growing over there?

Black-tailed Jackrabbit

The black tail

A difficult climb

Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown

Buffalo Bill's Defunct

Stairway to heaven

Dove apartment dwelling


This and the next three:  Loggerhead Shrike




Hard to ID at this angle

Could be a young New Mexico Whiptail

Coloration doesn't look right for a Whiptail

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Such cute critter photos today, Packrat. I especially like the ones of the rabbit.

Post Deluge Hike

Desert Marigold flowers We really got blasted with rain yesterday afternoon, and this morning's atmosphere bore the proof of lingering m...