Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, December 15, 2017

Arroyo Explorations

Moon and Mars this morning
Becca and I did a long hike yesterday, but we did a far longer trek today, heading way into the outback in search of Javelinas or Coyotes; we saw neither.  Nor did we see any other human beings or canines there, though we did encounter a guy and his dog on Geothermal Road when we were first starting out.  It was rather chilly during our exploration, low 30s with a persistent breeze.  Fortunately I was dressed appropriately, and I've only seen Becca get cold a few times over the years; she's pretty well insulated.  She and I had a good time despite the extra miles we put on our legs.
Crescent

Early morning in a large arroyo just west of Tortugas Mountain

Becca exploring a deep arroyo

Yeah, yeah, I'm coming

On the Crosscut Trail

Wide arroyo west of the mountain

My favorite yucca

Someone's been sampling Barrel Cactus fruit

Another arroyo to the west of Tortugas

Somebody has driven a dirt bike through this wide arroyo

Doing a little exploring far west of Tortugas Mountain

Chihuahuan Desert west of the mountain

Stand of Soaptree Yuccas

Soaptree Yuccas

Perspective

Tried this image in black-and-white and . . .

. . . color

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I wonder who was eating the barrel cactus fruit? I'm glad you and Becca had a long, pleasant morning hike.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...