Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, December 8, 2017

Freezing, and Then Some

20F at the start
It was 19F when I first let Becca into the backyard to do her business this morning.  By the time we got onto the trail west of Tortugas Mountain it had warmed to 23F.  Oddly enough, though, with the full sunshine and no wind to speak of--and considering I had overdressed--I had to take off my hooded outer jacket about a quarter of the way into the trek.  Because the wind picked up later I briefly considered donning the jacket again, but decided against it.  We encountered three mountain bikers on the way in; they were among the few numbers of outdoor enthusiasts braving the freezing temperature today.
Becca loves the colder temps

One head of a two-headed Torrey Yucca

A smidge of fog between here and there

Devil's Claw, part of the reproductive system of the Unicorn Plant

We're headed west

This morning's moon

Foggy in the valley

Tortugas and the Organs

I was hoping for a closer encounter

Ocotillo branches and moon

Loggerhead Shrike (Lanius ludovicianus)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo of the ocotillo branches and the moon--nice design.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...