Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Trek Extension

In the high foothills
I decided to extend our morning hike today because Becca and I took shorter treks the last few days; and the weather was quite cooperative, in the mid-30s at start and warming up nicely as we trekked into the outback.  We saw one mountain biker during our outing, but no one else.  The parking lot was relatively empty when we returned to the trailhead about ninety minutes later.  As we drove past the levy on the way home we spotted JC and Olivia hiking there.  I honked the RAV4's horn and they waved back.
Primitive campsite

Inspecting the territory

Soaptree Yucca west of Tortugas Mountain

Further west

In the shadow of a Torrey Yucca

Leaning into the curve

In the vicinity of the Crosscut Trail

Narwhal yucca

Leading the way back to the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photos of the storey and soaptree yuccas.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...