Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

If It's Tuesday It's . . .

Exertion
Becca and I got an early start on our morning hike west of Tortugas Mountain for two reasons:  I awoke twenty minutes before my alarm went off and, after our trek, I wanted to get started on my weekly shopping errands before Target and Albertsons got mobbed up.  We had a great time in the out-of-doors today, and it's a good thing because the rest of the morning and early afternoon seemed destined to be one of those periods when everything gets aggravatingly annoying.  Target had only its self-service checkout aisles open and Albertsons was packed with zombies that had been ferried over from a local cemetery.  The roads seemed to be filled with drivers who never should have been issued a license, and the traffic signals were all bollocksed up; in the early afternoon, while returning from mailing some bills at our local post office, Becca and I caught every red light on University Avenue.  Obviously the lights had been timed by some malicious traffic engineer.  Just one of those days, I guess.  Good thing we had such a swell outing in the morning.
Nipple Beehive Cactus (Coryphantha Macromeris)

A bird in hand is worth two on the yucca

Mormon Tea Party

♫ Like the pine trees lining the winding road, I got a name . . . ♫

What's it all about?

Close-knit family

One side in B&W

The other side in wild color

Floral mandala

Torrey Yuccas and Ocotillos

Becca exploring

Day at the beach

Rocky trail

Female Western Bluebird

Male Western Bluebird

Same Western Bluebird

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo of the bluebird looking directly at you.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...