Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Morning Trek on the Grand View

This and the next 5:  young Mule Deer buck browsing at our place
Before we even started off for our hike this morning I was able to take a few photos of a young Mule Deer buck browsing on our property.  He seemed to be on his own, which is surprising.  The biggest surprise came when I was unloading our gear at the lower Grand View Trail parking lot and discovered I had left my camera at home!  This is something I NEVER do.  Dr. K saved the day, though, allowing me to use her iPhone to take some pics during our trek.  The weather was completely cooperative:  low-to-mid 40s with no wind and plenty of sunshine.  We only encountered one other hiker on the trail, a German woman with a dog, both of whom we've met before.  She said, "My dog wants to meet yours."  And so they did, an uneventful short meet-and-greet prior to all going our separate ways.




Gotta have a look at the annoying paparazzo

Artsy experiment or bad photo fudge of a White-Breasted Nuthatch?

White Sands from the Grand View

The Beckster

Trees and mountains

Leader of the pack

Another shot from the Grand View Trail

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It was perfect weather for a hike--I wish we could always have weather like we did this morning.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...