Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Another Hot One

This and the next 5:  hiking just west of Tortugas Mountain
I let Becca dictate the length of our trek this morning because it was obvious from the start that she wasn't into it; I could tell she didn't feel well because her tail hung straight down for the entire abbreviated hike.  Even now--after we've been home for five hours--she seems to lack energy.

We saw a few other nature enthusiasts when we were out there today, but not many.  It was already quite hot when we started off, and the humidity was high; not surprisingly there's a chance of precipitation this afternoon.  Rain is almost always welcome here in the northern Chihuahuan Desert.





Becca leading the way back

Past their "Best used by" date

Bec and our shadows

I don't think he sees me

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Prickly pear fruit always remind me of radishes. I can tell it's late summer--everything seems to be drooping.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...