Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday's Torment

This and the next:  trekking west of the mountain
Even though Becca and I were on the trail by 7:10 a.m. the sun was somewhat merciless and the humidity was high.  No breeze to ameliorate the heat.  We did our usual shorter hike today, but right from the start I could see that Becca wasn't into it.  The hot conditions really seem to be taking a toll on her of late.  I may give her a rare day off tomorrow.

There were quite a few outdoor enthusiasts on and about the mountain this morning, including a body builder we ran into on Geothermal Road.  The guy was cut, and showing off his physique in an exhibitionistic way:  wide-brimmed hat, no shirt, skimpy shorts and boots with no socks.  I got a kick out of thinking about how many people would take notice as he made his way up the mountain.  Even if I were young again and in that kind of shape I would be too modest to display my wares like that.  By the way, he was a very nice guy, saying he'd pet Becca if she'd come to him--which she didn't.

Both she and I were happy to get back to Whitey the CR-V and crank up the air conditioning for the short ride home.

This and the next:  Geothermal Road


This and the next 4:  Jackrabbit that never came out of the underbrush





Becca on break

South toward the Franklins

This and the next:  heading back


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the first photo of the jackrabbit--impressive ears!

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...