Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Ashes to Ashes

Hiking in the western shadow of Tortugas Mountain
Just before Dr. K and I were set to leave for the Sacramento Mountains I got a telephone call from Arroyo Veterinary Clinic saying Becca's ashes were ready to be picked up.  We decided to go get them in order to bring her remains with us to the high country so we can sprinkle some of her ashes on a few of her favorite mountain trails.

We're in the upper elevations now, and it feels great to escape the low desert heat--but it's no picnic here at 84F.  Of course it's supposed to reach 100F again down there.

Today's images are from a short hike I took west of Tortugas Mountain early this morning.  On the way back I had the good fortune of bumping into my friend Jimmy; he and I talked for quite a long while before heading our separate ways.
Nearer the sunshine on the upper foothills trail

The shade never lasts

Hummer

A look over the top of Ocotillos to the flank of Tortugas and the Organ Mts.

Heading down to the lower desert

Dayflower

This and the next:  Barrel Cactus buds, one almost a flower


This and the next 3:  the same obliging Dragonfly




More Barrel Cactus buds

What do you see?

Horned Lizard

Great camouflage

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Amazing dragonfly photos, Packrat.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...