Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 17, 2022

As the Wind Blows

Starting down LDR-A
Except for the drive out to the trailhead this morning both Heelers were very well behaved; on the ride over Willow went bonkers about dogs being walked by humans.

We did our normal hike today, and it was uninterrupted by the kinds of critters that make life difficult for me, though I love seeing them.  I did spot a Pyrrhuloxia in a tree; it was quite distant so the photos of the bird are not very good.

The wind wasn't much of a problem during our outing, but it did begin to pick up just as we were exiting Right Branch Arroyo.

Black-throated Sparrow

Long view down LDR-A arroyo

Old crooked stalk

This & next 2:  Pyrrhuloxia





Western flank of Tortugas Mountain

Prickly Pear pad

This & next:  Frio and Willow


Down the middle branch

Organ Mountains

Last 2:  Tortugas and the Organs


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That last photo that you posted of the Pyrrhuloxia is excellent--such a beautiful bird.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...