Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Cold Front on the Way

This & next 2:  scenes from the LDR-A arroyo
It wasn't windy at all when we did our usual morning trek today, but the wind is supposed to arrive early this afternoon bringing with it colder temperatures.  Just as well--I don't want conditions to heat up too fast heading into spring.

Willow and Frio behaved excellently today.  I debated about whether to let them walk off-lead, but decided to see how well their training is paying off.  We hiked from the junction of the middle and right branches all the way up to our mesquite "rest" tree with the Heelers free of restraint.  Both Frio and Willow watched me carefully--primarily to get rewarded with treats when they responded correctly; and they did the right thing each time I summoned them.

I'd like to reach a moment when I can rely on them to behave appropriately always, but they're dogs after all.  :)



Heelers taking a break in the LDR-A arroyo

Prickly Pear

This & next 2:  Torrey Yuccas



Last 2:  Frio and Willow


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Such cute photos of the Heelers! I'm glad they behaved themselves. I also like your photo of the Prickly Pear cactus.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...