Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 26, 2022

A Cool Wind

Really green Ocotillos
Our hike was especially enjoyable this morning because, even though it was humid, a nice cool wind blew throughout our explorations.

Did the usual trek today; no need to elaborate.  We saw no one in the desert, but Mr. White Hat's white van was parked in its usual spot when we got back to the CR-V.

Driving in to our parking spot today I saw a small snake in front of me and swerved to miss it.  When I got out of the vehicle I walked back to scoot it off the dirt road.  It was a small Striped Whipsnake that willingly obliged when I stomped my boot nearby.  The snake's sudden slithering motion made Dr. K cringe.

Looking back up LDR-A

Picacho

Green at the base of Tortugas (left) caused by leafy Ocotillos

Humidity haze

Ocotillo south of Tortugas Mountain

This & next:  Ocotillos


Willow, Dr. K and Frio

Spot the hawk

The long view

Ocotillos in green finery

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photos of the greened-out Ocotillos. My favorite image is the last one. It's amazing how quickly the Ocotillos became green with just a couple of days of rain.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...