Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Baby Ate Your Dingo

Organ Mountains
I was on my own with Frio and Willow this morning because Dr. K went shopping.

We had a good regular hike until the very end.  Not long before we were ready to exit Right Branch Arroyo I stopped to take a photograph.  While I was looking through the viewfinder, both retractable lead handles in my left hand, the Heelers lit out after a jackrabbit.

Willow managed to break free entirely while Frio stretched and pulled my left arm nearly out of its shoulder socket.  I roundly scolded them both, and both seemed duly chastised; Willow was especially quiet on the ride home, not whimpering, barking nor growling at the two dogs we saw walking with people.

Ridge west of the Organs

Chorus line of desert plants

Frio and Willow in the middle branch

Backlit Soaptree Yucca flower stalk

Yellowing Ocotillo

Last 2:  looking south and north in Right Branch Arroyo


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

My favorite photo here is the one of the backlit Soaptree Yucca stalk.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...