Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, October 28, 2022

Five Degrees

First 2:  Tortugas and the Organ Mountains
Dr. K had a doctor's appointment early this morning so Willow, Frio and I did our usual hike together.  It was 41F with a stiff wind when we started off, which made me glad I had worn a vest under my Marmot PreCip jacket and brought gloves along to keep my hands warm.

By the time we reached Left Branch Arroyo the wind had subsided enough for me to remove the gloves.  Fortunately the sun was shining brightly so I never felt the chill.

As soon as we entered Right Branch Arroyo I let the Heelers off lead, and they came through like champs; there was a bit of exuberance I had to I had to tamp down at first, but both Frio and Willow responded well to my commands.  I let them loose all the way up to the small mesquite tree, and we stopped there for a short respite before heading out.  To add to my overall pleasure at their behavior Willow was well behaved in the CR-V on the ride home.


From LDR-A arroyo

Ocotillo

This & next 2:  ridge west of the Organs



This & next:  House Finch


This & next:  Frio and Willow on break


Last 2:  from Right Branch Arroyo


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo of the Ocotillo in front of the mountains and sky.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...