Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, December 2, 2022

American Kestrel Redux

First 2:  views from LDR-A arroyo
Dr. K, Willow, Frio and I did our usual hike on a warmer than usual morning; we're supposed to reach 72F today, about 12 degrees above normal.

The Heelers were particularly well behaved during the outing, never exhibiting any urge to lurch forward on the trail; of course we didn't see any critters that would make such lurching compelling.

I photographed the same (I'm almost positive) male American Kestrel I photographed yesterday in the exact same place.  Today's images of the falcon were a bit better, but I wish I could get a closer shot with better lighting.


Frio and Willow

This & next:  Soaptree Yucca


Heelers

Artsy Organs

Probably the same male American Kestrel from yesterday

Better than the previous image?

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I prefer the first image of the American Kestrel. They're both excellent photos. What a beautiful creature.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...