Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Curved Bill's Excellent Song


Back of the mountain

A dead Kangaroo Rat on the trail around Tortugas Mountain
Around the back of Tortugas Mountain a Curve-billed Thrasher was singing its head off.  I don't know why; it was hotter than Hades out there.  We're under a heat warning for tomorrow, when the intrepid Becca and I will be hiking the Chihuahuan Desert.  Check out the poor-quality video below of Old Curved Bill doing his thing.  Wish I'd had my tripod with me, but the bird would have been long gone by the time I set it up.
Ahead of the pack of two

Curved-billed Thrasher
Becca (Mesilla Valley, New Mexico in background)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful trill of the thrasher.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...