Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, June 9, 2014

Hot, Dry, and Very Windy

What's Becca staring at?
This
It was so windy out there this morning that my hat blew off my head; good thing I had the leather tie cinched under my chin.  We saw a woman hiking with a red bandana over her nose and mouth.  She was very friendly and said "hello."  I was going to say, "You're not going to rob anybody, are you?" but fought against the urge.  The Sunset Area parking lot was sparsely populated when we got back to the trailhead, but we saw Jimmy pulling in.  I made the mistake of saying "There's Jimmy" to Becca, who immediately got over-excited.  Jimmy is one of her best buds.
Down into a hot, dry desert

The red sands section of Tortugas

Climbing to higher ground

3 comments:

Scott said...

I'm always tempted to make a wisecrack remark like yours, too, Packrat, but can usually restrain myself and am usually glad I did so afterward. If I were to blurt out a wisecrack, Kali would catch me up short with a look or a comment.

Dr. K said...

At least the wind cooled the air down a bit.

packrat said...

Scott:

I'm usually pretty good at keeping the wisecracks to myself, but every once in a while they manage to slip out. I know that "look" you're talking about. Dr. K has one, too.

:)

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...