Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, June 27, 2014

Weekday Noise Pollution

The trail from the Sunset Parking area
Two women and a child and three loose dogs were coming down the mountain and I could hear them from miles away.  The three humans were screaming at the dogs, who were not paying attention.  I'm all in favor of dogs running free if they can be controlled.  If they're uncontrollable they should be on leads.  Apparently, this simple procedure would reduce outdoor noise pollution by 50%.  That's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean.
The city of Las Cruces and Picacho behind

Shady respite with sun behind clouds

Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Hangdog look?

I see a dragon who is looking to the left


Cowboy in the hoosegow (Spanish "juzgado")
Shady respite with sun

The Organ Mountains

What's over this hill?

Eggsactly!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Very good juzgado and dragon images, Packrat. I have to admit, though, the dragon took me 30 seconds or so to see.

I know I've mentioned the "quiet zone" that France imposes at higher elevations where raising your voice is extremely frowned upon. You could benefit from that at Tortugas--or just more responsible dog owners.

Kali and I are back in the lush, luxuriant East. The weather's not too bad, with rather pleasant temperatures (mid-80s) and relatively low humidity--at least for now on this Saturday morning. The jungle growth (compared with the arid Front Range) is remarkable.

packrat said...

I think I mentioned once, Scott, that I had been living in Arizona for years before returning to my native Ohio for a visit. I couldn't get over how green and lush it was. That's what happens when you live in an austere landscape for a long time. I wonder how you and Kali will like living in Colorado. If you don't like it you can always legally buy some local weed (or "loco" weed) and get happy.

:)

Dr. K said...

The quietness of the desert is one of its best qualities.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...