Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Big To-Do on the Mountain

Away from the mountain
The parking lot at the Sunset Area was already packed when Becca and I got out there this morning.  After a long hike--during which I realized I wasn't properly dressed for the cold--we returned to find the entire west side of the mountain completely overrun by people and cars.  My guess is that it was a high-school celebration because I could hear cheerleaders cheering atop Tortugas, and there were a lot of teenage voices emanating from within the ramada. 
Looking back

The road in

Desert Marigolds still blooming everywhere

Add caption

Overflow parking (our car beneath the red dot)

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I don't remember desert marigolds ever blooming this late in the season--a nice surprise.

packrat said...

You're right, Dr. K. Nor can I recall Ocotillos still being leafed out this late in the fall.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...