Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Gloomy Desert Day

Hiking under heavy overcast
Windy, cold and cloudy:  those were the weather conditions during the entire hike Becca and I took this morning at Tortugas Mountain.  It's such an anomaly when the sun doesn't shine in the desert that it induces an almost immediate seasonal affective disorder.  One thing that buoyed my spirits were the howls and yelps of Coyotes nearby, and my fervent hope that we'd get to see a couple of the critters.  No such luck today.  Oh well--it was good to get in some exercise nonetheless.
Bishop Cap

The Organ Mountains are out there somewhere

Pointing west

Crossing the Cross-Cut Trail

Closer to Bishop Cap

Where water flows in the desert

Clouds lift over the Organs

Desert between here and Bishop Cap

Tortugas Mountain (aka "The Tortoise")

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

We should be grateful that cloudy days are unusual here in the desert.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...