Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cloudy with a Chance of Rain

Daisies and Range Ratany
The Beckster and I did a moderately-long hike into the outback west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, surprised by the heavily overcast sky and cool conditions in the desert.  I wore my long bushwhacking trousers and a light jacket over a short-sleeve shirt.  Never removed the jacket during the entire trek.  There weren't too many other outdoor enthusiasts taking advantage of the chillier weather, but we did run into our pal Jimmy, with whom we visited for a few minutes.
Love the color of these buds

Thick overcast

Along the squiggly trail

You have to have a really "hard" hard palate to munch on these pads

Desert greening out

Arroyo west of Tortugas

Heading toward another arroyo

Mesquite Trees

How green is my valley?

In the hills west of the mountains

Flowering Creosote Bush

Bonnie Becca

Not a raindrop, but, perhaps, a kind of sap

Steep western escarpment of the Organ Mountains

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like the yellow and purpose color combination of the daisies and ratany.

packrat said...

"Yellow and purpose" Dr. K? :D

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...