Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 4, 2016

Temporary Warming Trend

Flycatcher
Becca and I had a nice long hike in warmer weather this morning; in fact, it was so warm I took off my warmup jacket after about a mile of trekking.  Exiting the outback after a period of bushwhacking, Becca and I saw Courtney and Pepper; we didn't interact with them, however, but just said hello.  We also bumped into our buddy Gregg about a quarter mile from the trailhead.  He and I chatted while Becca lay in the shade of a Creosote Bush.
Nice little garden:  Hedgehog Cactis, Ocotillo and Littleleaf Sumac

Range Ratany growing amidst Prickly Pear Cactus

Strawberry Pitaya Hedgehog and Agave

An alert Desert Cottontail

Buggy Whips with buds

The long arm at bottom left is two feet in length

Red-faced Prickly Pear pad

First sandy respite

New growth on a Prickly Pear Cactus

The comb-like teeth will eventually become aeroles and spines

Claret Cup

Sandy respite #2

Drying flowers of Wild Rhubarb (Canaigre)

Honeybee on Scorpionweed

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

That last photo really shows why that plant is called scorpionweed.

packrat said...

It does, Dr. K.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...