Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 11, 2016

Cool Morning Trek

Mormon Tea blossom
It was surprisingly cool this morning when Becca and I hit the trails around Tortugas Mountain.  The breeze kept the temperature chilly for about two-thirds of the hike.  Then it stopped, forcing me to remove my warmup jacket.  When the wind did rise occasionally during the final third of the trek I felt pretty chilly again, but the warm desert sun kept things from getting too nippy.  These are issues that never cross Becca's canine brain, clothed as she is in her fur coat.
Descending the single-track

Black-tailed Jackrabbit

Becca in the shade of a large Ocotillo

Wooly Paperflower

Interesting cloud between Bishop Cap (left) and the Franklin Mountains

Tortugas Mountain (left) and the Organ Mountains

Tasajillo

Prickly Pear pad sprout

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, I'm wasn't familiar with tasajillo. You learn something new everyday.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...