Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, April 15, 2016

Freewheeling Friday

Why are bunnies so cute?
Becca and I did a long trek west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and it was already pretty hot out there.  Meteorologists are predicting heavy winds for later in the day, but we were fortunate enough to get our hike in before the assault.  There were a lot of beautiful flowers in bloom, and we enjoyed seeing them; well, at least I did.  Becca is always more interested in the desert scents, and at times I feel she's stopping at every other bush to sample its fragrance (or the fragrance another animal left on it).
Mormon Tea blossoms

Eager to keep moving

Too early to catch this opening

Ocotillo flower

Shade break in Ocotillo shadow

I have not IDd this plant with microscopic flowers yet

New Mexico Evening Primrose

New Mexico Evening Primrose

Cucumber Tree?

No--Torrey Yucca producing fruit

Prickly Pear Cactus flower

Laden with pollen

Ocotillo flowers

Too early for the morning show

Chihuahuan Flax

Hard to ID this hummingbird from this distance

Blackfoot Daisy

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The inside of the Chihuahuan flax flower reminds me of a Georgia O'Keefe painting. Very beautiful.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...