Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Agave Fever

Becca on the trail leading to the high foothills
I'm going bat-crap crazy with all these images of the Parry's Agaves, but I have been monitoring them for slightly more than a month-and-a-half.  Then each time I intend to snap just a photo or two of them a Scott's Oriole shows up for a meal and I'm forced to take numerous shots to capture what I think to be one of the more interesting aspects of nature:  a black-and-yellow bird feasting on bright yellow flowers.  To be fair I did take a few shots of other subjects, including my darling Becca.
Parry's Agaves

The distant Organ Mountains

Getting the cold shoulder from a Black-tailed Jackrabbit

Got an itch

Not even mildly curious about us

Bored hare

Fruit of the Soaptree Yucca

This and the next two: flowers of Tasajillo (Opuntia leptocaulis)



Ocotillo getting leafy

Parry's Agave on the western slope of Tortugas Mountain

This and the next four: First year male Scott's Oriole in Parry's Agave





Becca on break in the shade of a boulder


Three more of the Scott's Oriole



Parry's Agaves

Same two of three

First ripe Prickly Pear I've seen

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Those photos of the Scott's Oriole in the Parry's Agave are truly amazing, Packrat. I love the different shades of green in the agave.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...