Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Fun to No Fun Ratio

Soaptree Yuccas blooming all over the place
I only enjoyed my trek about 10% as much as I usually do because my trusty hiking companion, Becca, had to stay home with a gimpy leg.  She's much better than she was yesterday, but still hobbling a bit.  Unfortunately for both of us, she'll be taking several more days off of hiking.  I don't want to have her hurry back only to injure her leg more severely.  She sure doesn't like it, though, giving me dirty looks all the while as I apologize profusely to her for not taking her along. :(
Black-throated Sparrow

Little lemon bulb

Lesser Goldfinch

Whitethorn Acacia and the Organ Mountains

Scott's Oriole

Soaptree Yucca flowers

Late-blooming Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus

Mockingbird

Chihuahuan Raven

Goldfinches

Cholla flowers

Desert Willow

Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis)

Mexican Bird of Paradise

Desert Willow flowers and buds

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It's nice that the desert willow trees are blooming with their reddish-pink and yellow flowers. So beautiful.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...