Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Once More Down the Bridal Veil

Just after sunrise in the Sacramentos
Dr. K, Becca and I hit the Bridal Veil Falls Trail at 8:10 this morning, and during a two-hour trek we ran into only one other hiker.  We did spook three Mule Deer on our way into the canyon, but they blazed across the trail ahead of us so quickly I didn't even have time to whip my camera out.  Got a lot fairly nice images today, though, during a wonderful hike in very pleasant weather.
Bright morning

At home in the mountains

Becca heading down the Bridal Veil

Footbridge over untroubled waters

Another B&W experiment

Sun silhouetting the trees

Narrow section of the trail

Dead tree limbs framing a type of groundsel

Heading down canyon

Apache Plume flower

Dr. K and Becca

The eyes have it

Tre sorrelle

This and the next three:  Mountain Roses




Chocolate Flower (Berlandiera lyrata)

Chocolate Flower

Passing through the gorge

Railroad Layout

Haven't IDd this beauty yet

Same lizard

Pinto site

How tall is a Tree Cholla?

I'm 5'11"

New Mexico Whiptail

Railroad trestle

Groundsel?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

As I was looking at these photos I felt as if I was actually hiking with you and Becca. What a great hike and photos. I especially like the photo of the Apache Plume flower.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...