Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Limping Along

Not quite a quarter of the way done
About a fourth of the way through our hike this morning Becca began limping fairly badly, enough so that I turned around immediately, put her on the lead and walked at about a tenth-mile-an-hour pace.  She's still limping around the house in the afternoon, but with a less-pronounced gimp.  I gave her no afternoon ride today, and I don't plan on taking her on a trek tomorrow.  We'll go day-by-day to see how she progresses.
Does my pit stink?

Grumpy Cactus Wren

Think it's easy perching like this?

Parry's Agave making progress toward blooming

Same Parry's Agave

I believe this is an immature Cooper's Hawk

This and the next three:  Blind Prickly Pear flowers




Final two:  Cholla blossoms


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I especially like the first photo of the blind prickly pear cactus--such vivid colors.

Let's hope Becca heals quickly.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...