Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Eureka!

This and the next 8:  Parry's Agave starting to bloom
After being in the mountains for a week I was surprised to find the Parry's Agaves on the west side of Tortugas Mountain just beginning to bloom; I thought they'd be further along by now.  But I sure appreciated the sight, as you can tell by the number of images here.  Becca and I did a slightly shorter hike this morning because I had to go to Target and Albertsons to do some shopping for much-needed supplies.  While we were out in the desert we did see some other lovers of nature, hikers and bikers alike.








Scott's Oriole and Bumble Bee in Parry's Agave

Closer look at bird and bees

Enjoying the nectar

Scott's Oriole in Parry's Agave

Bird and bees

Scott's Oriole in Parry's Agave

Ash-throated Flycatcher

Zigzag up the mountain

It's nice when the Soaptree Yuccas on your own property blossom

Soaptree Yucca and assorted desert flora

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the close-up photos of the Scott's Oriole in the blooming agave plant. Very vivid colors.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...