Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Monte Vista Side

The higher you go the steeper it gets
This morning I got Becca out on the trail for the first time in four days; she did well even though I went a bit further than planned.  You can bet she was happy to get out there, and I had to keep cautioning her to slow down.  "Cautioning her"?  Who am I kidding?  I kept commanding her to slow down, but she has selective hearing.  Nonetheless, we both had a good time trekking east of Tortugas Mountain.
Curving around the east side of the mountain

Odd clouds

East side of Tortugas Mountain

House-size boulders

Further east of the mountain

Raptor hunting for breakfast

I'm going to say Red-tailed Hawk, but I'm not certain

Hovering like a kite

Road east of Tortugas

Looking back at Tortugas from the east

Further east away from the mountain

Look who's back on the trail again

Becca is really enjoying being out in the desert

Long road around the mountain

Soaptree Yucca and the Organ Mountains

More clouds rolling in from the west

Break time for Becca

Southeast of Tortugas Mountain

Wild sky

Whitethorn Acacia are blooming all over the east side

Way out east of the mountain

Pucker up for a kiss (Desert Spiny Lizard)

Closeup of the back of a Desert Spiny Lizard's head

Plump male Desert Spiny Lizard

Why they're called Desert "Spiny" Lizards

Cholla flower

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Very interesting cloud formations today. I'm really glad Becca was able to return to her favorite activity.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...