Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Guilt Factor

A couple of trucks in the Monte Vista parking lot this morning
When Becca is on the Injured Reserve list I hate having to tell her "You're staying here, girl" as I'm about to leave on a morning trek.  She's so disappointed, and I feel so guilty.  Then, when I'm hiking alone in the desert, I often feel depressed without her.  We've hiked together nearly every day for ten years.  We have to keep her off her gimpy leg, though, until it's healed; there's no relenting.  I did take her into our arroyo twice this morning, and Dr. K took her once.  Still, it's not what she's used to doing, and she's highly routinized.  I did have the good fortune of running into my pal Jimmy when I was finishing up my hike.  He was just pulling into the Monte Vista parking lot, and we chatted for twenty minutes or so near the ramada before going our separate ways.
Clouds over Tortugas

Different weather depending on which way you look

Arnold Palmer

Looking northwest along the mountain

Heading east

Yuccas on a steep slope

What's it going to be?

Getting around behind the mountain

Ran into this beauty on the south side of Tortugas

It was mildly interested in me

Rock Squirrel (Spermophilus variegates)

Organ Mountains

Small yucca

Closer look

Trail away from the mountain

Say's Phoebe

Say's Phoebe (Sayornis saya)

Crazy scene

The rugged Organ Mountains

Organ Mountains, closer look

Clouds come and go

Finishing up this morning's trek

Last look

Boulders at the mouth of the arroyo that runs beside our house

Looking at the boulders from the east

A highly dissatisfied canine

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the deep shade of blue of the sky in the first few photos.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...