Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Keeping It Short

Somewhere along the mountain road
I knew as soon as we got up this morning that I'd probably have to cut our hike short; it was significantly hotter than yesterday.  Becca and I still did nearly an hour of trekking, but she wasn't really into it.  I noticed that her energy level was a bit sapped by the heat.  Can't really say that I minded abbreviating the hike; it was necessary in order to cut down on the discomfort level.  I didn't sweat at all yesterday, but today I was wiping perspiration from my brow frequently.  We enjoyed ourselves nonetheless, but we were happy to get back to the car after the trek.
This morning's moon

It's a yellow flower

Who's on the mountain?

On the road again

A little faded

Two shots of almost the same scene: #1

#2

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Despite the discomfort you still took some nice photos. And I'm glad you cut the hike a bit short because of the heat.

Hike First Shop Later

1st 2:  Western Kingbird ( Tyrannus verticalis) Regular hike for Dr. K, Willow and me this morning.  We saw a Western Kingbird, a Swainson&#...