Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

About Eighty Percent

From here to the junction of the two trails:  about a 50-foot drop
No blog yesterday because I was "under the weather" as they say; GI distress, possibly a gut virus.  I was back out there today, but only at about 80%.

While I was climbing the small ridge west of the mountain, from which I took the first image, I saw my buddy Jimmy's truck pull into the Sunset Area.  Through my camera lens I watched him starting out and decided to wait until he caught up to me.

He and I talked for quite a while, during which time Renee and Rayo came down the mountain road; we all interacted briefly before man and dog decided to move on.  Jimmy and I parted company not long afterward, and I shortened my hike significantly.  It felt good to be out there, but I couldn't really appreciate the nice weather as much as I'd have liked.
West side of Tortugas Mountain

This and the next 3:  rugged territory in the mountain foothills




This and the next:  same gnarly old Soaptree Yucca


Young Soaptree Yucca and small Mesquite tree

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Your last few photos today really capture the different and strange shapes of yucca plants.

Decent Little Bushwhack

1st 4:  Claret Cups Even though the Swainson's Hawk wasn't perched atop the Torrey Yucca on the crest of 4210 hill we decided to bus...