Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Cold Front Blowing In

This type of weather for today's hike
I wore the same amount of clothing as I did yesterday, but today I was not overdressed; that's because the humidity wasn't as high as yesterday prior to the storm, and the wind bringing in our next cold front had already begun blowing.  I did a fairly long hike even though I wasn't particularly in the mood for it.

Ran into my pal Jimmy on my way back; I noticed he made a special effort to come say hello, backtracking quite a bit from the progress he'd already made up the mountain.  We talked a good long while on a vast array of subjects before parting company.

The only other person I encountered on the inbound leg was a woman who was running up the high foothills trail; she thanked me for stepping aside to let her pass along the single-track and then told me to enjoy the rest of my hike.  That was nice of her.
Looking west through the Ocotillos

Prickly Pear

Road just west of the mountain

Ocotillo blossoms on November 7th?

Looking south toward the Organs

Grand old Ocotillo

On the trail that crosses between two dirt roads

Torrey Yucca with three crowns

Looking back at Tortugas Mountain

Lots of yuccas that way

Tortured Ocotillo

Sun-blemished image

Kachina

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo you call "Grand Old Ocotillo."

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...