Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Chance of Rain

At first
Got an early start this morning on what looks to be (and did, indeed, turn out to be) a rainy day.  It was partly cloudy when I began hiking, and it got progressively more cloudy the longer I was out there; and the humidity level rose significantly.

Ran into three women hiking with two dogs just after the first leg of my trek--all were very friendly.  Such an encounter always makes me feel better.  There were other outdoor enthusiasts on and about the mountain, but I only bumped into one other hiker, a guy who was just starting off as I was ending my outing.

Had a 2 p.m. dentist appointment to have the permanent crown on a tooth installed, and when I got out of there it was raining significantly--and it's been raining ever since.
Goal!

Just west of Tortugas

Trail along the west side of the mountain

Devil's Head

Across the Mesilla Valley

Who's that?

Why--it's a Cactus Wren

Deer print

Road around the mountain

Tortugas and the Organs

This and the next:  looking both ways in an arroyo


West of the mountain

Wild clouds

Franklin Mountains near El Paso

Gap in the Organ Mountains

What is 75 doing out in the desert?

No answer

Saw this before I spotted the cow

On the road around the mountain

Tortugas and the Organs

Road back to the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo you captioned "Across the Mesilla Valley."

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...