Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, November 8, 2019

Chilled Trek

This and all uncaptioned others:  too many shots of the cloud-shrouded sun
The cold front that blew in yesterday brought cloudy skies and colder temperatures; it remained overcast and chilly throughout my entire hike, which was a long one.  During this morning's trek I took way too many photos of the cloud-shrouded sun, but there were some interesting scenes I couldn't pass up.

I ran into nobody during my explorations in the outback, but I did encounter another outdoor enthusiast when I returned to the Sunset Area; he was just beginning his trek.  I saw Jimmy's truck parked out beyond Whitey the CR-V, but I didn't see Jimmy.  I assumed he was already well on his way up the mountain.









This and the next 3:  arroyo west of Tortugas Mountain





This and the next:  sliver of sky



Soaptree Yucca

Green desert where the arroyo flows

Tortugas and the Organs

This and the next:  local color in a different arroyo


This and the next 3:  yuccas west of the mountain





1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A lot of beautiful photos today, Packrat. I think my favorite might be the last one of the cloud-shrouded sun and the desert floor.

The Lowdown

Willow looking over her domain Forest hike this morning.  Back to the cabin to pack.  Drive down the mountain to the lower desert where we a...