Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, November 8, 2019

Chilled Trek

This and all uncaptioned others:  too many shots of the cloud-shrouded sun
The cold front that blew in yesterday brought cloudy skies and colder temperatures; it remained overcast and chilly throughout my entire hike, which was a long one.  During this morning's trek I took way too many photos of the cloud-shrouded sun, but there were some interesting scenes I couldn't pass up.

I ran into nobody during my explorations in the outback, but I did encounter another outdoor enthusiast when I returned to the Sunset Area; he was just beginning his trek.  I saw Jimmy's truck parked out beyond Whitey the CR-V, but I didn't see Jimmy.  I assumed he was already well on his way up the mountain.









This and the next 3:  arroyo west of Tortugas Mountain





This and the next:  sliver of sky



Soaptree Yucca

Green desert where the arroyo flows

Tortugas and the Organs

This and the next:  local color in a different arroyo


This and the next 3:  yuccas west of the mountain





1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A lot of beautiful photos today, Packrat. I think my favorite might be the last one of the cloud-shrouded sun and the desert floor.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...