Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Can't Get Any Higher

At start
The blog title refers to the humidity level this morning:  100% when I got up, 95% when I left for the daily hike.  The rain we got during the early hours made for some slightly wet conditions in the desert.

There were others out and about this morning, but I only encountered one--a runner who came up behind me on the upper foothills trail.  I got carried away bushwhacking today, and ended up taking 102 photographs, many of which appear here.

On my way back to Whitey the CR-V I saw Jimmy's Tacoma, but I didn't see Jimmy.  I probably missed him because I spent so much time in the outback taking photos.
Close in to the mountain

Foothills of Tortugas, west side

Say's Phoebe (artsy view)

Road south

This and the next:  Say's Phoebe


Tortugas and the Organs

Going up

This and the next 2:  Tortugas and the Organs



Ocotillo flowers

Soaptree Yucca

Soaptree Yucca stalks

This and the next 2:  Soaptree Yuccas



The long view of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Closeup view of Tortugas and the Organs

Where the water flows

Today's Desert Cottontail

My favorite Torrey Yucca

Observatory

Canid in the arroyo

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Of all of these beautiful photos that you took this morning, my favorite is "The Long View of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains." I'm glad you were able to take a long hike and lots of photos.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...