Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Cloud Cover Cooling

Alongside LDR-A
Excellent hike today.  The temperature was down due to cloud cover, and a slight breeze made conditions feel almost like fall.

Heelers were really well behaved, not lurching forward when we came upon several different rabbits.  Not only that, but Willow did a lot of walking right beside me instead of pulling forward.  I'm hoping for even more progress from her in the near future.

When we were just starting up Left Branch Arroyo I spotted a guy with a white hat hiking our way.  I couldn't tell whether or not he had a dog so we made a slight detour up a small arroyo we've explored before.  When we stopped in the shade of a yucca I monitored the guy's progress, and when I saw him enter the Tellbrook Arroyo we retraced our steps and went on our usual trek.

Magdalena Peak in the distance

Other side of LDR-A

LDR-A (foreground) and LDR in distance

Sun obscured by clouds

Clouds over the mountains

Clouds to the west

View from inside LDR-A arroyo

Heelers

Swainson's Hawk

Sparkler

Poor photo of the Swainson's Hawk

Prickly Pear

This & next:  Swainson's Hawk yet again


Clouds west

Prickly Pear bud convention

View from inside Right Branch Arroyo

Distant view of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like these photos of the cloudy sky. My favorite is the image you call Sparkler.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...