Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Hawk Again

Somebody's been sampling the Barrel Cactus fruit
I took Willow and Frio out by myself this morning while Dr. K did some shopping.  We did our normal route under somewhat unpleasant weather conditions.  It was cloudy and overcast the entire time, and I never took my gloves off except to treat the Heelers, which I did often.

They were very well behaved today, pretty much staying close to me--either just ahead or behind--the entire way.  This colder weather has made them a bit spunkier, but they controlled themselves admirably.

Drove over to our local Circle K on the way home to gas up the CR-V.

Completely different mood in the desert this morning

Hill west of the cloud-blanketed Organ Mountains

The same Red-tailed Hawk I mistook for a Swainson's recently

Frio and Willow resting up

Crossing from the left to the middle branch

Not making much progress

Ridge west of the Organs

Stripe of sunlight on Picacho

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Gorgeous photos of the sky, mountains, and desert floor. I especially like the image of the sunlight on Picacho Peak.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...