Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

OMDP Hike

OMDP
After a greatly abbreviated hike due to bad behavior (Heelers, not me) I left Willow and Frio at home while I went out to Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument for a solo trek.

I took the northern-most trail from the entrance sign and hiked all the way up to the junction with the lower Sierra Vista Trail; 50 minutes out and 45 minutes in at a brisk pace.  Took a lot of energy out of me, but it was a good outing.

Only ran into three people during the trek, and all were mountain bikers.

This & next:  same Barrel Cactus


This & next:  Organ Mountains


Christmas Cactus

This & next 4:  Organ Mountains





Bevy of Barrels

This & next: Torrey Yuccas near junction w/ Sierra Vista Trail


Organ Mountains

"What are you doing in the national monument?"

More Barrel Cacti

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love that photo of the Christmas cactus. Very appropriate for the season.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...