Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, March 6, 2023

Breakaway

Cactus Wren X
Headed down the LDR-A arroyo while they were both on leads Willow and Frio spotted a jackrabbit that took off into the underbrush; that got them a bit excited.

I never saw what piqued their interest when we were far up into Right Branch Arroyo, but both took off.  Being off-lead facilitated their rapid breakaway.

Willow, who can hear, held up when I whistled for her, but Frio took off into the desert west of the arroyo.  Although he didn't go far--and came back when Willow followed my command--I made certain he understood that he'd done wrong.  I did this by shaking my right index finger at him, a signal he learned from his foster parent, April, which was chastisement for bad behavior.  Additionally I put them both back on their leads, taking away their freedom for the rest of the hike.

Willow leading Frio to the middle branch

Faxon Yucca and the mountains

This & next:  Willow and Frio


Organ Mountains X

Yuccas on the hill just east of the right branch

No sign of buds yet

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Cute photos of our naughty Heelers.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...