Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Saturday with Wils and Dr. K

Mourning Doves before our hike
85F and somewhat cloudy when we set off this morning; only the slightest breeze.  Earlier--when I took Willow out into the backyard--I felt a pinprick of a sprinkle; but it didn't rain on us during the outing.

We did our usual trek, never once entertaining the thought of adding extra distance; just too oppressive out there.

Before we left the house and after we returned I took photos of the Mourning Dove nest in our Desert Willow tree; definitely extra eyes looking back at me.

Weather conditions at start

Willow and barely visible shadow

This & next:  to the southwest


Looking westward from the right branch arroyo

I asked it to hold up, but it couldn't wait

Last 2:  Mourning Doves after our hike


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the image of the Yucca in the right branch arroyo.

Hummer Redux

All hummer pics: 3 different Rufous females or young males Dr. K, Willow and I did our usual hike this morning spending an inordinate amount...