Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Warming Trend

In the Tortugas Mountain foothills
It was a little cold when we started off, owing to a persistent wind.  But the wind stopped, and the temperature began to rise.  Soon I had my hood down and my gloves off.  It began to feel very much like the Chihuahuan Desert we know and love.  While in the outback Becca stared into the distance across a wide arroyo.  Just for the heck of it I took a photo of the area where she was looking.  When I got home and blew the image up I saw the three Coyotes who had attracted Becca's attention.  They appear to be hunting something, perhaps Jackrabbits.
Becca in the outback

Tortugas (left) and the rugged Organ Mountains

The image I took following Becca's gaze

The area where she saw activity

Three coyotes on the hunt

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

What a relief to be out of the very cold weather.

Scott said...

Becca against the Organs backdrop is really nice.

packrat said...

Thanks, Scott.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...