Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What An Eye!

In an arroyo west of Tortugas Mountain
Not only does Becca have a terrific sense of smell, but her eyesight is incredible.  This morning in the outback she spotted a small herd of Mule Deer, and it took me a good two minutes--staring right over her head--to see what she was looking at.  With my FujiFilm 10X digital camera the deer still seemed really distant.  It wasn't until I got home and blew the images up on my photo-editing program that I could see the animals clearly.  It was cold out there this morning, but not nearly as bad as yesterday.
Becca heading down the arroyo


Bushwhacking across the desert floor

Barely-visible single-track trail heading toward the mountain

The Mule Deer Becca spotted (at 10X telephoto lens)

Closeup of deer (young doe at right)

Adolescent doe at left

Heading out

3 comments:

Scott said...

You need to get Becca to bark while you're using your video feature so we can here HER voice, too!

Dr. K said...

Those deer sure do blend into the brown desert floor.

packrat said...

Yes, Dr. K, those deer have excellent camouflage.

Scott: Perhaps I'll have Becca narrate the next video.

:)

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...