Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, March 25, 2013

Back to Tortugas

It was rather chilly this morning when Becca and I set off around the west side of Tortugas (Tortoise) Mountain.  There were several cars in the Sunset Parking lot, but we didn't see any hikers in the outback.  I did a lot of thinking about literary matters--much to my consternation--but futuring about things you can do nothing about really detracts from living in the here-and-now.  If I'm going to waste time like this the least I can do is get Becca a steno pad so she can take notes for me.


5 comments:

Dr. K said...

I want the desert to start blooming--soon!

Caroline said...

Maybe it'll be blooming by the time I get there -- in July!

packrat said...

You two and your bloomers--I mean your blooming desert.

Scott said...

I'm incessantly thinking about retirement in 5 years, 1 month, and 9 days--just imagine how that distracts me from the day-to-day and here-and-now!

packrat said...

Scott:

That's WAY too much time to be focusing on the future.

:)

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...