Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hot Air and a Woman Rider

City in sunlight
Becca and I watched a balloon that had ascended in the Mesilla Valley drift east until it was approaching Tortugas Mountain.  It descended into an area I've never seen balloons touch down in before.  As we were headed back we saw another first:  a horseback rider headed up the road to the mountaintop.  Becca was thinking, "Biggest dog I've ever seen."  I was thinking, "Lady Godiva." When I asked the young woman if I could take her picture, she said, "Go for it!"
Riding high

Chihuahuan Desert vista

Becca spots a balloon

Coming down

Going in for a landing

The distant Franklin Mountains near El Paso

Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Young woman and horse

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

An eventful hike, Packrat.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...