Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, September 6, 2013

Atchoo!!!

Dropping out of the high foothills
Whatever allergen has made its appearance of late (pollen or mold) it has triggered an histaminic response in my respiratory system, such that I've been sneezing my head off since returning from the mountain.  The bad thing about sneezing your head off is that your head has the eyes, so your headless body has to crawl around on its knees feeling for the head.  You might think the head could shout out, "Over here, dummy," but it won't do any good.  The ears are attached to the head.  It's trial-and-error for your headless body.  And, no, I'm not high on antihistamines.
Clouds building on the western horizon

Looking back at the mountain

Yellowing Ocotillo

A hiker (bottom left) starting the long trek up Tortugas Mountain

The red dot (center) indicates the hiker's position in the image above

Medusa-like Ocotillo

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

We've had a pleasant end-of-summer shower today.

Scott said...

My sinuses are driving me crazy here in the northern Piedmont, too, the last few days, Packrat. I can't take an antihistamine, though, because it dries out my mouth and throat and makes me snore even louder than usual--even if I take it in the morning. Kali simply won't tolerate me in bed with her when I'm like that.

It's gotten cool, too; we put a comforter on the bed last night for the first time since last winter. Snuggly!

packrat said...

I hear you about the sinuses, Scott. Regarding the weather, we've been turning off our evaporative cooler at night and relying only on an oscillating fan. The nights are pretty cool. The days are trending toward lower temps, too, and we'll "only" be in the high 80s during the upcoming week.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...